Monday, November 17, 2008

Where the Wild Things Are

Spike Jonze, for some time now, has been directing an adaptation of Maurice Sendak's children's book "Where the Wild Things Are". The screenplay was written by Dave Eggers and Jonze himself. Jonze, who has always directed off-beat films, has worked with writer Charlie Kaufman on two occasions to make two of my favorite films ever (Being John Malkovich, Adaptation). The movie has been under production for a very long time and is in the middle of yet another re-shoot. Apparently some of the test screenings did not go so well resulting in kids crying and some even fleeing the theater. The studio believes that Jonze's vision was great yet a bit too dark to be able to appeal to the masses that they desire. I would love to have seen the original version although I'm sure that the final cut will still be excellent. The film was originally supposed to be released in October 2008 but now is set to be released sometime in mid to late 2009. I await the day that I can see some actual footage of what the final version will look like but until then here are a few screenshots. 







this was some test footage they shot a while ago. The actual animals will not look like this in the final version for I believe that they decided to do them completely in CGI. I'm not sure why cause I thought this shit looked sick.

4 comments:

mister_mcmullen said...

yer about 8 months late on this story sweet cheeks

REL said...

You might have already seen this but this is the trailer that got leaked, Check it out. out-http://www.wildaboutmovies.com/movies/WhereTheWildThingsAreTrailer_WAM.php

cashmere bullet said...

I can't wait to see this movie! I love the still shots you found too.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the live adaptation of "Everyone Poops".